Bulk potential energy by different methods

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 07:50:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

individual total energy are almost always meaningless, especially when
comparing different levels of theory. But, relative energies that
correspond to physical quantities should give the same answer, if the level
of theory is adequate.

Your input looks OK to me, except EPS_SCF 1.0E-4 is maybe too large, check
that the energy is well converged.

Is your density of vacancies the same in each case? Did you relax the
structures? Is LDA a good enough density functional. Is a DZVP basis set
good enough?

Matt