Confusion: cation and anion move towards the same direction under an external electric field

Tonys_Yu 2922... at qq.com
Wed Jul 19 13:09:52 UTC 2017

Hello Marcella,

     Thanks for your advice. Actually, I also tried the keywords EFIELD and
PERIODIC_EFIELD as shown below:

      &EFIELD
       ENVELOP CONSTANT
       &CONSTANT_ENV
       &END CONSTANT_ENV
       INTENSITY  0.00194468915    #1V/A=0.0194468915a.u.
       POLARISATION 1 0 0
      &END EFIELD
and
      &PERIODIC_EFIELD
       INTENSITY  0.00194468915     #1V/A=0.0194468915a.u.
       POLARISATION 1 0 0
      &END PERIODIC_EFIELD

    but I get an error "On entry to DLASCL parameter number  4 had an
illegal value" and the same results that cation and anion move towards the
same direction,respectively. Both are strange results. I think some
inappropriate keywords and values may exist. Could you have any suggestion
of my situation?
    By the way, my cp2k package is version 2.5. I'm checking for using the
latest version.

Tonys Yu

在 2017年7月19日星期三 UTC+8下午6:32:48,Marcella Iannuzzi写道: