Box movement in Adaptive Buffered Force QM/MM (AdBF-QM/MM)

Ivan Gladich igla... at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:15:42 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I am trying to model some surfactants on a liquid water slab using
AdBF-QMMM.
The system was pre-euilibrated using classical MD and I remove the CoM
movement using

COMVEL_TOL  1.0E-10

By the way, even after removing the CoM, the system experience some CoM
movement.
The trajectory looks like "shaking".
I placed the trajectory and the X,Y,Z-position of my QM atom (file
 Br_pos.dat) together with my input at

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9kQhpI16-FudWhuUUxNT1AwQlE

Is this something excepted in QMMM due to the way in which forces are
computed?

I remember, but I not sure, that the code should try place the QM dynamical
region in order to avoid crossing with the PBC box.
But again, not sure of that...

Thank you for any possible help

Ivan