[CP2K:8716] Re: Isolated system Geometry Optimizations

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Feb 20 09:51:27 UTC 2017

Hi

yes, the changes (jumps) in energy when changing the cell size is a
well known phenomenon in plane wave calculations. You can avoid it
by using a constant plane wave instead as constant cutoff calculation.
In CP2K you get this by defining a reference cell (REF_CELL).

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>