Libinit compilation

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:48:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

just a general note: you do need to be quite careful running performance
tests. It can easily be that your test is not representative of the systems
you are are going to run in practice.

Whilst all these codes will run this C-240 system. It may be that their
ability to use symmetry, run 3D periodic systems, scalability to large
number of processors and other factors, such as local knowledge to get
help, are going to vary a lot. Depending on what you need for the whole of
your project, just seeing which one runs this system fastest might not be a
very sensible cost function.

Matt