[CP2K:8689] Re: Compilling problems

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 12:49:58 UTC 2017

Hi Rafa,

there are two things:

a) why do you use ACML when you got an Intel CPU? ACML is for AMD Opterons and
I am not sure whether it makes sense to use a high performance BLAS library
which was tuned for a different chip family.
If you want to stay clear of proprietary BLAS libs I would suggest to use
OpenBLAS or ATLAS.

b) it appears that your library is not in the search path for the libraries.
There are three ways of fixing this.
-   $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/libacml_mp.so:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
-   add /path/to/libacml_mp.so in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig
-   use -Wl,--rpath=/path/to/libacml_mp.so when you compile for the linking.

The first will only last for the current shell session and the second is a
global setting. The third means you hard-code the path into your binary file.

Like all things, there are pros and cons for all of that. ;-)

All the best

Jörg

Dr. Jörg Saßmannshausen, MRSC
University College London