Binary restart file does not work

Yiyang yiyan... at asu.edu
Mon Feb 13 23:44:54 UTC 2017

Dear CP2K experts,

I am running a QS-MSST simulation (CP2K 4.1), during which i used:

SPLIT_RESTART_FILE        .TRUE.

to write general restart files in both text format and binary format.

I also used in the  &EXT_RESTART  section:

EXTERNAL_FILE                               ${RESTART_FILE}
BINARY_RESTART_FILE_NAME      ${RESTART_FILE}.bin
RESTART_DEFAULT                         .TRUE.

to read from the restart files.

However, I get following error message:

*  Section label <SHELL COORDINATES> read from the binary restart file
*  does not match the requested section name <VELOCITIES>.

In a test case (MD), the above settings worked, but as I switched to QS
case, this did not.
How can I use the restart files? Thanks.

Regard
Yiyang