[CP2K:8672] How to calculate Fermi energy of metals?

ashish dabral ashishd... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:15:53 UTC 2017

Hi Matt,

Yes, indeed I am looking for the chemical potential/ fermi energy (at 0K or
otherwise, assuming it doesn't change much with temperature).
I need to find the the highest occupied states with respect to the bottom
of conduction band for the metal. I would like to align semiconductors wrt
to the fermi energy to evaluate metal-semiconductor junction properties.

Thanks