PSF file format. Contiguous molecule.

ganta.pra... at gmail.com ganta.pra... at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 16:53:29 UTC 2017

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5PbrHXi3hmo/WjfyO3bqihI/AAAAAAAADfY/L_BMOS3Jnow6RiaqKE4xX-nxo5lNioELQCLcBGAs/s1600/ddd.png>
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QXmkg9wMY3c/WjfyHaLaalI/AAAAAAAADfQ/nAEiKbekjwcsM83nZed4-hRoHioMORGTQCLcBGAs/s1600/cp2k11.png>

Hi CP2K group,

I am trying to create a PSF file for ALOOH surface. I have a particular
requirement that the psf file should have connections shown as in left
figure.

I have created the PSF file, but CP2K shows error:
CP2K requires molecules to be contiguous and we have detected a non *

 * [ABORT]    contiguous one!! In particular a molecule defined from index
(   *

 *  \___/  1) to (   210) contains other molecules, not connected!

My PSF file look like this:

     256 !NATOM

       1 14   01   DIAS Al1  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       2 14   01   DIAS Al2  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       3 03   01   DIAS Al3  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       4 03   01   DIAS Al4  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       5 13   01   DIAS Al5  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       6 13   01   DIAS Al6  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       7 02   01   DIAS Al7  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       8 02   01   DIAS Al8  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       9 12   01   DIAS Al9  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

      10 12   01   DIAS Al1A YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

      11 01   01   DIAS Al1B YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

Questions:
1) If it is same molecule, then in PSF file should SEGMENT ID should be
defined exactly in a row? for instance

which format is correct for CP2K. See SEGMENT ID (second column).. Should
each molecule be defined in a row or it can be expressed randomly?

 256 !NATOM

       1 AA   01   DIAS Al1  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       2 BB  01   DIAS Al4  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       3 AA  01   DIAS Al3  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       4 AA 01   DIAS Al2  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       5 BB  01   DIAS Al5  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

 256 !NATOM

       1 AA   01   DIAS Al1  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       2 AA  01   DIAS Al2  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       3 AA  01   DIAS Al3  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       4 BB  01   DIAS Al4  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

       5 BB  01   DIAS Al5  YA     0.000000        0.0000           0

2) In my current ALO(OH), except for the non-hydroxy oxygen everything are
connected. I could create PSF connecting all atoms (easier to create for me
compared to the PSF separating the non-hydroxy oxygen). Is there any easier
way to define non-hydroxy oxygens as separate molecules, so that I can have
1-3 VdW, EI.

Please let me know. Attached are my PSF, input and PDB files.