Frequency output for visualisation

Tobias Kraemer 161brun... at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:51:27 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I have run a vibrational analysis on an optimised structure, thereby
keeping a number of atoms fixed through setting spatial constraints. This
is essentially the idea of the Partial Hessian Vibrational Analysis (PHVA)
approach. Now, I have realised that although the normal modes are printed
in the output file, there is no molden-compatible file
for visualisation of the modes (in particular important for verifying
transition states). I have defined this in the input (also attached as
file), and for a full vibrational analysis (i.e. no constraints) this works
without problems. I always obtain this file. For various reasons, it would
be very useful to output this file in any case. Could this be looked into
by someone.

Thanks for your comments

Tobias

&MOLDEN_VIB