Maximum Overlap Method and Geometry Optimization

Sergey Chulkov sergeya... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:03:28 UTC 2016

Hi Jen,

sure, simply read the ground state wave function and specify the
appropriate excitation in the MOM section. Alternatively, you can start the
calculation using the atomic guess, if you wish, but it is usually less
stable.

It is also possible to restart the MOM calculation using an MOM wave
function for the same excited state. In this case simply read the
appropriate wave function and provide the empty MOM section (&MOM / &END
MOM). The MOM procedure will then select those orbitals which overlap most
with the occupied orbitals from your restart file.

Sergey