metal ions in cp2k

Qiang Li qiangl... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:01:16 UTC 2016

Hi, Vladimir,
Thanks for your reply, that was quite helpful.
I did some tests before I reply back. Simply, I calculated Na+Cl- system
(distance is set to 10 angstrom, using a 20x10x10 box), and did the
Mulliken charge analysis. I found that using  GPW method, i.e. using the
GTH potential and DZVP basis set (same method in this paper:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/2053-1583/3/2/025026), the charges was
Na(0.5)Cl(-0.5), which is very strange to me. Alternatively, the charges
are well separated when I apply GAPW method (Na+Cl-).
What's the physics behind this?
Best regards,
Li

在 2016年11月8日星期二 UTC+8下午11:03:55,Vladimir Rybkin写道: