[CP2K:8335] problems with compilation of QUIP

Noam Bernstein noam.be... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:29:39 UTC 2016

Since I'm probably most responsible for both cp2k's quip support and for the quip-openkim interface, we should probably talk.

It's been a while since I've looked at either, but my recollection is:
   Cp2k's quip support is independent of openkim
   Quip's openkim support is, at best, experimental, and most likely just not functional.

If I recall correctly, during the quip configuration it asks you about Kim. Just turn that off (you can edit the quip makefile.inc directly inside the build directory) and recompile.

   Noam