[CP2K:7719] Transition State Optimization with Dimer Method

luca lcb... at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:18:37 UTC 2016

Dear Natalie
the dimer method is a tool to search
TS structures and it can be used to refine (or validate) TS provided by
other methods.
I have just looked your input, the dimer method section is ok; however,
the calculation of the frequency is very sensitive, so,  I would suggest
you to increase the accuracy,  decreasing RMS displacement and so on.
This is my usual set-up:
    RMS_DR         1.0E-04 #   1.0E-04
    MAX_DR         3.0E-04 #   3.0E-05
    RMS_FORCE      1.0E-04 #   1.0E-04
    MAX_FORCE      3.0E-04 #   3.0E-05
Actually, to obtain a single ifreq more tight  parameters are required.
Pay attention, the dimer method shows a slow convergence, so it requires
many steps.
In the attached file you can find parameters that I used in
DOI:10.1021/jo3023439

Cheers,
Luca