[CP2K:7474] Re: Calculating forces in reftraj runs

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:21:25 UTC 2016

Hi Matt,

I tried that before, but unfortunately it turns off the whole
interaction calculation and just races through the trajectory without
doing anything electronic structure related. My guess is that this is
meant for postprocessing tools, i.e. only MSD at the moment. I should
have clarified that in the original email.

I do want electronic structure information after a converged SCF, I
just don't need atomic forces. Just like a sequence of ENERGY
calculations, but without the overhead of launching CP2K repeatedly
and taking advantage of wavefunction extrapolation. I imagine that
this is quite a common use case of the REFTRAJ mechanism (that forces
are not needed).

Ondrej