How can I get the temperature converged in MD calculation (NVT) for system having H atoms?

Jingyun Ye jingyu... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:22:56 UTC 2016

Hi, all

I am running a MD calculation for searching the most stable structure at
room temperature. But the temperature goes from 300K to 150K after 1000
steps and the energy goes up. My question is how can I get the temperature
converged? Is there any thing wrong in my input? What is the reasonable
TIMESTEP for the system having H atoms in it? Small TIMECON and big
TIMECON, which one is more efficient for heat transfer?

I included the input and results.

Thanks very much.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-55n5leQmGeY/U5i3QbLkTYI/AAAAAAAAAIc/yjt4IAPrDwI/s1600/AT.jpg>

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ppsJauwqa84/U5i3JA_zQLI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/eLovdPBwb-4/s1600/T.jpg>