[CP2K:7874] Re: Availability of MOLOPT basis sets

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:44:51 UTC 2016

Hi

My slides serve as a guide, and not all details were included. If you run
your own calculations following my slides, you should be able to find a new
file "OPT_BASIS" in your directory, which contains the optimised exponents.
The "Na CBS" basis set which you see on Slide 20 is not generated by the
ATOM code. It was manually constructed, with optimised exponents from
atomic calculations using the ATOM code. I am not sure how you got the 40
exponents in your output, but they seem like even-tempered basis set which
CP2K uses to optimise pseudopotentials. I suspect your input is different
from what I included in my slides.

To be short: I have optimised TZVP/TZV2P basis sets for majority of the
elements in the periodic table (including Cu) which I hope to release in
this summer. If you want to try the Cu basis set now, please send me an
email.

SL