How to get pseudo potential for pseudo hydrogen in cp2k

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:10:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

there are no provided pseudos for this purpose...but you can alter the
charge on the pseudo atoms.

You can change the core charge using the keyword CORE_CORRECTION in the
KIND section for your atoms.

So use 'CORE_CORRECTION -0.5' to get H.5 and 'CORE_CORRECTION 0.5' to get
H1.5. You need to call them different names too, like H1 and H2 or
something.

If you are lucky the states will be away from the band edges and you
probably don't need to bother further than this. The basis sets can be used
unchanged in all likelihood. If you get states in a bad region you'd have
to reoptimize the pseudos, which is a different business.

HTH,

Matt