charge restrained MD

vincenzo verdolino vincenzo.... at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:02:11 UTC 2016

Hi Milosz,

I know this is a quite old post but i am experiencing similar problems and
I was wondering whether you were able to figure out or not. In my case i
have a zeolite with two metallic centers and i want to track a chemical
reaction which is suppose to be red-ox. In order to force the oxidation
state at least on one of the two metallic centers I tested
both BECKE_RESTRAINT, DDAPC_RESTRAINT. The first one brings very quickly
the whole system to explode moving the lighter atoms first and eventually
all the others in a kind of fully repulsive field. The second approach is
much more stable and allows me to force a charge/spin localization on one
of the two metallic atoms but after a while the mulliken charges have a
discontinuity which get along to the beforementioned atomic "explosion".

Would be extremely halpfull any suggestion

best regards

Vincenzo