MULLIKEN CHARGE

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:03:49 UTC 2016

Hi Josip,

Mulliken charges are not real observables - they are strongly dependent on
the basis set, and they do not converge as you make the basis set complete.
Check a quantum chemistry textbook for a good discussion ('Computational
Chemistry', Errol Lewars for instance).

Something more quantitative can come from something like Bader charge
analysis (which needs external processing of a total_charge_density cube
file).

Matt