How to understand the keywords atoms_from and atoms_to in the colvars??

ning.zh... at gmail.com ning.zh... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 07:44:03 UTC 2015

Dear Marcella,

I have studied the tutorial you provided. I used the method to my interest
aqueous H2MoO4-H2O system. I want to monitor the structural change from
octahedron (MoO2(OH)2(H2O)2) to octahedron (MoO3(H2O)3), i.e., a H atom in
a hydroxyl of the former structure transfering to the other hydroxyl forms
the latter structure.

I simulate so reaction by using a cube cell with 9.86 angstrom. ~32 waters
were put into the cell. Two CVs was set: 1) the coordination number of the
H atom to the hydroxyl O and 2) the coordination number of the H atom to
the other hydroxyl O.

However, the running results show when the H atom in a hydroxyl transfers
to solvent, the octahedron (MoO3(OH)(H2O)2+) is unstable.  The
 MoO3(OH)(H2O)2+ configuration transfers to tetrahedron MoO3(OH)-.

Therefore, a problem is if I can use some constraints to restraint the
atoms which don't involve into the reaction.

Furthermore, how did you know the keywords in the cp2k software
corresponding to the function or the expression? Would you have any
specific manual?

Thanks,

Ning

在 2015年9月9日星期三 UTC+8下午11:24:27,Marcella Iannuzzi写道: