Re-optimising transition state using dimer method

Tobias Kraemer 161brun... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:11:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to re-optimise a transition state structure which has a
spurious (small) imaginary mode on top of the large imaginary mode which
corresponds to the transition state. I've also tested doing a constrained
optimisation fixing selected atoms involved in the transition state, which
also worked in this particular case. Howeve, I would also like to try our
the dimer method for the purpose of re-optimising a transition state
structure. To this end, I have composed an input, however, the job crashes
and I keep getting an error message about certain line Search type not
being implemented (looks quite obvious from the message). However, I can't
seem to find what I need to change to make it work. Your advice would be
much appreciated. The motion section can be found below, full input file
also uploaded.

Any ideas on how to correctly set up a calculation using the dimer method
are welcome

Thanks for your help

Tobias

 *** 16:48:48 ERRORL2 in cg_utils:cg_linmin processor 0  :: err=-1000 ***
 *** UNIMPLEMENTED, Line Search type not yet implemented in CG for TS ***
 *** search.                                                          ***

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

           10 cg_linmin
            9 cp_cg_main
            8 geoopt_cg