PM6 convergence with periodic boundary conditions

Jack Evans jack.ev... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:50:29 UTC 2015

Dear team,

I have been investigating the application of PM6 within the CP2K program
for the study of periodic structures.

Currently, I understand that periodic NDDO calculations are not a standard
application and thus require care and to begin I have been testing the
convergence of structures defined in the regtest section.

In particular, I have noticed the simulation of Al2O3
(SE/regtest-3-4/Al2O3.inp) does not converge despite increasing the number
of SCF cycles to 2000 and using a variety of optimiser settings.

I have been testing this with cp2k/2.4.0 and cp2k/2.6.2 complied with intel
compilers.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Jack