[CP2K:7065] Re: DFT-D3 parameters for PBEsol

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 17:14:51 UTC 2015

Yes, the dftd3.dat file is the same, and you can set the D3_SCALING
parameters manually in the input. Please use the correct scaling parameters
either corresponding to zero damping or to BJ-damping. Please note these
parameters listed on the D3 webpage are for calculations using very large
basis sets in which case the contribution from basis set superposition
errors (BSSEs) can be neglected. If you look at the Supporting Information
of the original paper on the D3 method, the authors have provided
additional scaling parameters for calculations using moderate basis sets
which are more likely to be affected by BSSE. You may try both set of
scaling parameters and see which gives better agreement in comparison with
experiment for your particular system.

SL