[CP2K:7152] MD calculation water on Pt

Sergey Doronin sedo... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 21:50:58 UTC 2015

Dear Dorothea, thanks for your comments.

I think water at SPC model + Siepmann potential cannot be dissociated. The
Siepmann terms are affected only on Pt-O iterations. Dissociation can occur
with the separate iterations (Pt-O and Pt-H) and a flexible water models
(or dissociations model). Previous calculations (graphite slab+water, metal
ions+water) doesn’t show any bugs with the SPC model in cp2k, all
intermolecular distance was fixed during calculation.

The problem of temperature jumps was fixed by adding REGION MOLECULE in
&TERMOSTAT. Now energies and temperature seems quite plausible.

Main tendency of previous calculation is a drift Cons Qty. Often the
terminations are caused by atoms of water on peripheries of cell. Probably,
the termination of all tasks is associated with boundary conditions. On
cp2k forum I found useful theme: *Energy conservation NVT/NVE simulation*
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cp2k/ZNEiZIFMbKM This topic has
comprehensive information about stability of the calculation. Dorothea, you
were really right at the expense of the MD setup and parameters.

Mention above problems is fixed by adding:

-     -  in &constraint

SHAKE_TOLERANCE … (more than the default values)

ROLL_TOLERANCE …

-     -  in &ewald

ALPHA should be increased >0.5

Now all calculations with the siepmann potential are stable.

пятница, 13 ноября 2015 г., 0:04:19 UTC+3 пользователь Dorothea Golze