sign of hartree potential

labicia lab... at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 3 10:07:48 UTC 2015

Thank you for the suggestion!

Indeed the sign of the hartree potential dumped into the Gaussian cube file
is inverted:
for an isolated proton, for example, the hartree potential goes from a
large negative value near the proton, to a zero value
far away.
This suggests that the sign convention in the dumped Gaussian file is
related to the potential felt by an electron (rather than from a positive
charge).

Best regards,
Marco and Andrea