spn density problem

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:00:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

the SPIN-DENSITY cube file places the spin density within the box
dimensions that you give it going from 0-L where L is that lattice vector
you give in each direction. The atoms, however, are not centered in the box
by default, but just are where you put them.

Using VMD to visualize these file I use "pbc wrap" to move the atoms back
into the same cell as the spin-density. Other codes probably have a similar
option. Or you CENTER_COORDINATES in the topology section or otherwise
ensure all atoms are in the main supercell box.

Matt