[CP2K:6627] Re: Compilations with Intel (XE 2013) for CP2K-trunk (2.7dev) & regtests errors

Frank Uhlig uhlig... at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 08:18:26 UTC 2015

Hi Rolf,

that is a system limitation and I am not completely sure about the proper
workaround. The maximum length of your command line is either 128 KB or 1/4
of your stack size (if linux kernel >= 2.6.23). So you could try increasing
your stack limit (e.g., ulimit -s unlimited) and then run the generate
command again. (also see: http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/execve.2.html
)

Or, you can circumvent this issue by reducing the exhaustive search in the
tiny1 procedure by setting dims_tiny=`seq 1 12` in the config.in in the
build_libsmm directory. Then the verbose make command that you quote will
not be as long (and the suggestion in the config.in is to use something
between 8 and 12).

Could you be so kind and post your final arch file, because I've been
experiencing some trouble recently as well, and would be thankful for a
working reference.

Cheers,

Frank