Periodic DFT calculation with B3LYP

Rolf David rolf.d... at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 10:32:34 UTC 2015

Hi Abhishek

It comes from fact than the MOLOPT basis set is very diffuse, so for the HF
exchange is very very long, if I remember correctly.
You can either use the GTH_BASIS or use the ADMM methods ((1) Guidon, M.;
Hutter, J.; Vandevondele, J. *J. Chem. Theory Comput.* *2010*, *6*, 2348.),
but with B3LYP, I have no idea how to use it, or you can go with the
GAPW/All-Electron and "classical" basis sets (6-31+G*, for exemple)

Also you can read:
(1) Guidon, M.; Schiffmann, F.; Hutter, J.; Vandevondele, J. *J. Chem.
Phys.* *2008*, *128*.

(2) Guidon, M.; Hutter, J.; VandeVondele, J. *J. Chem. Theory Comput.*
*2009*, *5*, 3010.

I think if you do a search on this googlegroup, you'll find more information