Periodic DFT calculation with B3LYP

Abhishek Bagusetty abhishek... at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 06:49:44 UTC 2015

Hi Rolf,

I have used the truncated interaction potential and that has addressed the
WARNING but the issue currently I am facing is that the calculations seems
to hang at the SCF wavefunction optimization.

SCF WAVEFUNCTION OPTIMIZATION

 ----------------------------------- OT
---------------------------------------

 Allowing for rotations:  F

 Optimizing orbital energies:  F

  Minimizer      : DIIS                : direct inversion

                                        in the iterative subspace

                           using      : -   7 DIIS vectors

                                        - safer DIIS on

 Preconditioner : FULL_SINGLE_INVERSE : inversion of H + eS - 2*(Sc)(c^T*H*c
+const)(Sc)^T

  Precond_solver : DEFAULT

  stepsize       :    0.08000000

 energy_gap     :    0.08000000

 eps_taylor     :   0.10000E-15

 max_taylor     :             4

  mixed_precision    : F

  ----------------------------------- OT
---------------------------------------

  Step     Update method      Time    Convergence         Total energy
Change

 Trace(PS):                                  192.000000000

 Electronic density on regular grids:       -191.9999999586
0.0000000414

 Core density on regular grids:              192.9999999888       -
0.0000000112

 Total charge density on r-space grids:        1.0000000302

  Total charge density g-space grids:           1.0000000302

  HFX_MEM_INFO| Est. max. program size before HFX [MB's]:
 134

Any ideas.

Thanks !