simulated annealing using CP2K

Janos...@googlemail.com janos... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:57:38 UTC 2015

Dear Geng,

It can be done by using the EXT_RESTART option and some simple input files.

template: simple input file with EXT_RESTART from projectname-1.restart,
restarting everything, and annealing parameter:
ANNEALING ${PAR}

Then, you can also use the SET and INCLUDE commands in three different
inputs:

heating.inp:
@SET PAR 1.000001 #check the number for your needs
@INCLUDE ./template

const.inp
@SET PAR 1.000000
@INCLUDE ./template

cooling.inp:
@SET PAR 0.999999 #check the number for your needs
@INCLUDE ./template

then you simply write a script:
#! /usr/bin/bash

for i in {1..99999}; do  #again adjust to your needs
  cp2k.popt const.inp >>out
  cp2k.popt heating.inp >>out
  cp2k.popt const.inp >>out
  cp2k.popt cooling.inp >>out
done

You can set different simulation times by the SET command as well...
If you want, you can set different project names for different temperatures
as well, so you can have the different temperature structures in different
xyz files. And it is also a good idea to set the temperature by @SET for
the input files.

HTH,

Janos