Calculation of Wannier centers and spreads

iskarmou dcya... at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:39:46 UTC 2015

Dear Marcella,

thanks for your reply.
I tried the Jacobi algorithm as well and I have
seen that in general less iterations were required (with the
same tight convergence).
However the convergence parameter, as you say, is too tight.
The reason I used this value is not really based upon strong scientific
arguments, it's because I have seen several people using tight criteria.
Regarding the effect of convergence parameters on the results, which thing
do you think that it would
be the most appropriate to check?
Should I calculate eg the dipoles from the Wannier ions_center trajectory
file using different convergence criteria?
Or the spreads as well?
Is there another way to check this effect?
And do you know if there is any "optimum" value for the convergence
parameter for these kind of systems?

Best regards

Yannis