[CP2K:6784] Re: Geometry Optimisation of Large Charged Systems

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:36:19 UTC 2015

Hi

Following what Matt has said, i.e. you might need to use an extremely large
cutoff for the q10 pseudoptential of Mg, if you are happy with the
GTH-PBE-q2 pseudopotential of Mg with only two valence electrons for your
system, you may try the attached DZVP-q2 basis set which I have reoptimised
for Mg to be used with the GTH-PBE-q2 pseudopotential. You should be able
to get reasonable results with a normal cutoff (e.g. ~400 Ry) using the q2
pseudopotential of Mg.

SL