Geometry Optimisation of Large Charged Systems

Rolf David rolf.d... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:00:11 UTC 2015

Hi Olivia & Marcella,

I allow myself to jump back on this problem/answer, and ask the CP2K
team/users:

For a MD calculation (or maybe other, geometry for example here), is there
a way to stop it if the SCF hasn't converged (after the inner/outer SCF) ?

I try to find in the manual but no infos (or i looked at the wrong place ?)

If one SCF didn't converge, forces are still calculated and MD goes on to
next step. So I kill it manually, but making it automatically save CPU
usage and tell you right away: "No convergence, please check".

Thanks

Best regards,

Rolf