How to apply IRC in CP2K

S Ling lingsa... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:40:30 UTC 2015

Hi

Another possibility is to run a single point VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS
calculation at the transition state geometry which you have identified and
get the cartesian displacements corresponding to the negative/imaginary
vibrational frequency. Then you can add/subtract a fraction of the
displacements (e.g. 0.2) to the geometry of your transition state and run a
GEO_OPT calculation. Hopefully the calculations with addition/subtraction
of the displacements will converge to your reactant and product,
respectively. You will need to visualise the imaginary vibrational mode and
double confirm this is the mode that you want to follow before you apply
the geometry displacements.

Jon