[CP2K:6060] MM in CP2K

Rolf David rolf.d... at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:19:36 UTC 2015

I'll try. I need to take one faulty AA and put it in TIP3P water.

I think the problem is the H of the backbone (linked to the nitrogen
backbone) in my AA (homemade parameters made with MCPB) is negative. So
there should be a attraction between this H and one from the TIP3P solvent.
But this didn't occurred in the amber MD. The H is around 3/4A from any
other Hs from solvent (and no H-bonding with a O from solvent).
In ambermd when the H come too close (ie 2.5/2 A), there is a repulsion so
they don't get dangerously close and eventually merge like in CP2K.

>From my point of view it's like the H from TIP3P doesn't exist (just a
charge, there is no vdw for H in TP3P), because geom wrong is from the H
from the backbone and the O from water.

So possibilities:
I redo the charge by restraint the backbone charge in my metal center from
standard amber (H positive) (but why it worked in amber md and not cp2k ?)
I put a fictious very weak wdv for the HW from TIP3P to avoid
'collision/merging' (again why ambermd and not cp2k ?)

I guess my param are wrong but same question why ambermd is working and not
cp2k. Maybe it's in the amber side and cp2k is working as attended.

I'll try to strat from different points from the amberMD simulation
production run, to see if eventually there is a merging in all cp2k
calculations.

I'll keep you posted (and I'm open for more ideas !) for the small system.