CP2K+PLUMED Questions: moving restraint for steered molecular dynamics calculations

Zhiping xuzh... at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:12:08 UTC 2015

Dear all:
I am trying to use MOVINGRESTRAINT for SMD calculations (using
CP2K+PLUMED2), and here are three questions that I hope to find answers
with your help.

I want to pull one atom from its current position to along the x-direction,
and its motion is expected to be wrapped back to the box after it crosses
the boundary of PBC box.

(1) what should I set for the keyword AT to fix it to the current position?

(2) could I set the targeted AT value a number exceeding the boundary of
the box? For example, my simulation box is a cubic box from (0,0,0) to
(10,10,10), could I set AT=12 to pull the atom?

(3) i tried the following input but seems the atom (#9) does not move as I
set

--plumed.inp--

p: POSITION ATOM=9

PRINT ARG=p.x,p.y,p.z FILE=position_1 STRIDE=1

MOVINGRESTRAINT ...

  ARG=p.x

  STEP0=0 AT0=0.368927 KAPPA0=100000

  STEP1=5 AT1=0.600000 KAPPA1=100000