[CP2K:6844] Non-integer charge in the classical part of QM/MM system

tarak karmakar tarak... at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 09:42:04 UTC 2015

>From a QM/MM tutorial in amber,
    http://sf.anu.edu.au/~vvv900/amber-tutorial/1cgh-qm-mm/qm-min.out
I have got the following,

 Sum of charges from parm topology file =  -1.00010025
QMMM: ADJUSTING CHARGES
QMMM: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
QMMM: adjust_q = 2
QMMM: Uniformally adjusting the charge of MM atoms to conserve total charge.
QMMM:                             qm_charge =   -1
QMMM: QM atom RESP charge sum (inc MM link) =   -0.590
QMMM: Adjusting each MM atom resp charge by =    0.000
QMMM:          Sum of MM + QM region is now =    0.000

The charge has been adjusted automatically in the MM atoms.

Does CP2K has this kind of procedure?

Thanks,
Tarak