Performing the reduced QM/MM calculation entirely classically in Adaptive Buffered Fore Mixing

Lauri Himanen lauri.... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:24:52 UTC 2015

I would like to perform the reduced QM/MM calculation in the adbf scheme
entirely classically, but cannot figure out what settings to choose for
this in my system.

Say I have a potassium ion solvated in water and I would like to perform
the extended calculation with the ion and some of the surrounding water
that is chosen based on R_QM and R_BUF. Because I have the MM parameters
for this entire system, I would however like to do the reduced calculation
entirely classically. The problem is that when I define the ion as QM, it
gets automatically added to the core QM region and the reduced QM/MM
calculation now includes the ion resulting in a QM calculation for it. The
extended region is however correct.

The relevant part of the input I'm currently using looks something like
this:

  &QMMM
    &QM_KIND K
      MM_INDEX 3001