[CP2K:6374] FES for metadynamics in polar coordinates

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:36:12 UTC 2015

if I understand correctly your question.. the answer is no: fes does not do this automatically.. but you can always post-process the cartesian grid into whatever other system of coordinates you like.

Still, I do not understand why the shape of the two (cartesian VS spherical) will be different.. think of the function:

SQRT(x^2+y^2)=1

the curve is identical if you plot it in the x,y coordinate system or in the polar (r, theta) one..

If you think of some way of separating the wells (based on your current results), very probably you’ll have to re-define the CV space and this cannot be done at posteriori..

Teo