Can I use NEB to find the charge transfer intermediate ?

Abhishek Bagusetty abhishek... at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:40:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think it would be critical to set up an optimized geometries for the
initial and final states which shows a clear distinction of charge
transfer.  Interpolating replicas between initial and final states should
give a good starting point for the NEB. It could be important to set the
parameters for NEB convergence criterion depending on the barrier of
reaction to capture the energetics well.

We have performed some proton hopping calculations and it sort of worked
out for us.

Abhishek