Can I use NEB to find the charge transfer intermediate ?

Florian Schiffmann flosch... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:18:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

if the different charge states are difined by geometrical changes to your
system DFT should find the appropriate charge if you start from the
corresponding geometry.
First question is, can you setup geometry optimizations which end up in one
or the other state?
If so, use the optimzed geometries as end points for your NEB and it should
find the correct transition state. We did something similar for polaron
hopping and it did kind of work, even so it might not be trivial to
interpret what is going on.

Cheers
Flo