Nickel cell optimization

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:20:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

you aren't running bullk Ni, but a Ni atom in a large box. See the
definition of multiple unit cell in the CELL section

MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL {Integer} {Integer} {Integer}
Specifies the numbers of repetition in space (X, Y, Z) of the defined cell,
assuming it as a unit cell. This keyword affects only the CELL
specification. The same keyword in SUBSYS%TOPOLOGY%MULTIPLE_UNIT_CELL
should be modified in order to affect the coordinates specification.  [Edit]

Why you aren't getting any output, I'm not sure. Maybe the memory cost is
too high and your system is swapping?

Matt