GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:22:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think the problem is actually in your force field. The model that you've
taken from the test cases, I guess, should be used with rigid water
molecules - i.e. constraints on the bond angles and lengths. Without them
the OH bonds just collapse and you get the error you see.

Probably the best thing is for you to make sure you can get a working water
simulation, there are some in the tests. then adding the MgO shouldn't be
to hard, at least technically. Though AIMD simulatins will show that water
dissociates on the MgO surface...

Matt