The SCF doesnot converge, using diagonalization

Zhendong Guo zhendon... at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 21:09:19 UTC 2014

Dear Everyone
    I am  trying to calculate the eigenvalue of LUMO and HOMO for
kappa-Al2O3. The system owns the periodic boundary condition and includes
80 atoms.
I tried using the following in the section of DFT to output the eigenvalues
of MOs.
"&PRINT
        &MO
         OCCNUMS
         EIGVALS
        &END MO

        &MO_CUBES
         NHOMO 5
         NLUMO 5
        &END MO_CUBES"

>From the tutorials of Cp2K, I notice:
Section MO
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/index.html#CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT/MO.html>

*Controls the printing of the molecular orbitals.Note that this is only
functional with diagonalization based methods, in particular not with OT*So,
I turn "OT" off in my input file and use the following setting in the
section of SCF
      SCF_GUESS                ATOMIC
      EPS_SCF                     1.0E-7
      MAX_SCF                     300
      MAX_ITER_LUMOS       10000
      EPS_LUMOS                1.0E-7
      &DIAGONALIZATION      ON
        ALGORITHM STANDARD
      &END DIAGONALIZATION
      &MIXING  T
        METHOD BROYDEN_MIXING
        ALPHA 0.4
        NBROYDEN 8

*      &END MIXING*But, I found the SCF calculation didnot converge after
300 steps when I checked the output files.

*So, Could you kindly give me some advise to make the SCF calculation
converge correctly?*

*The input file and the xyz file for the system are also attached, please
help me check them when you are free.zhendong*