[CP2K:5819] Removing DFTB interaction between particular atoms?

Ralph Koitz ralph... at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:36:57 UTC 2014

Dear Rafael,

Thanks for trying my suggestion. I played around with it some more and got
something more reasonable after making the following changes:

   - Instead of using atom symbol X, you have to use a 'real' element for
   your non-interacting carbons. I called it B.
   - Drop the KIND X // ELEMENT C ... part in &SUBSYSTEMS.
   - In the xc.spl and cx.spl files, remove lines 2 and 3. (The format is
   different for homo- and heteronuclear interactions, compare e.g. oo.spl and
   oh.spl in a water setup).
   - In the xx.spl, in the spline section, leave the first two columns as
   is, set the others to zero. The first line after Spline should be "0 0 -1"
   to turn off also the very short-range repulsion.

I attached the xx.spl file and param_table files.

Using these settings the following things work seemingly fine:

   - A graphene sheet with only one "B" atom behaves like an unmodified
   graphene sheet
   - A graphene sheet with two adjacent "B" still looks physical, but the
   B-B bond compresses, presumably because all repulsion has been turned off.
   C-C and C-"B" bonds remain mostly unperturbed.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Ralph