[CP2K:5274] "Illegal instruction"

Iain Bethune ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 13 07:55:54 UTC 2014

Hi David,

Most likely cause of the Illegal Instruction error is that you are compiling for a different architecture to the one you are running on - in any case the error occurs when the executed code contains an instruction which is not implemented on the processor you are running on.  Since you are using -march=native in your arch file, is it possible that you are running in a cluster environment where the machine you build on is different to the one you run on?

If this is not the case, the problem most likely comes from one of the libraries (fftw, atlas or libint) which might have been compiled for a different CPU architecture.

Cheers

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Project Manager, EPCC

Email: ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Twitter: @IainBethune
Web: http://www2.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ibethune
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ