[CP2K:5054] Cell Optimization: failed to compare the lattice parameter with XRD data, how to change the setting in input?

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Mar 10 12:43:33 UTC 2014

Hi

We just have to guess here.

1) If you say VASP results, do you mean PAW calculations with
   the same functional (especially D3 correction)? Have you
   tested that those calculations are converged with respect to the
   projector basis, the cutoff (wavefunction and density), etc.
2) DZVP basis sets are a compromise between accuracy and efficiency.
   Maybe for your system a larger basis is needed to get an
   acceptable accuracy.
3) vdW cutoff of 4 Angstrom is definitely too short, default is 10
   and even that is on the small site.
4) Your convergence criteria for geometry and cell are rather lax.
   For systems with soft modes (like yours) you have to increase the values.
5) I would use the OT optimizer, not diagonalization, with a good preconditioner.
6) Before increasing the Cutoff, I would increase the REL_CUTOFF to 60.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie                  FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland