'GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small': can anyone help me to solve?

Enlong Liu liuen... at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:16:51 UTC 2014

Dear Matt,

The same problem comes out for these days again. In fact, I want to do
cell_opt for a bulk-like Si. I get the original structure of Si with 2 by 2
unit cells, including 95 atoms ( you can refer to Si.xyz in the
attachment.) and periodicity in xyz directions are 10.8614. But if I use
this value, the program told me geometry is wrong. I tried to increase the
periodicity a little bit to 11, the simulation result is totally wrong (
refer to Si-pos-1.xyz ), which I think is because of the loss of periodic
boundary condition. The same problem occurs when I do simulation to other
structures of my own research. Could you help me with the input file and
the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!

PS: the output file is in the problem.tar.gz. But I am not sure if it can
be extracted normally, since I am not very familiar with Linux.....

Best regards,

在 2014年3月5日星期三UTC+1下午1时17分27秒,Matt W写道: