Parameter choice for GAPW

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:21:14 UTC 2014

Hi Ali,

Yes you can use pseudo potentials also with GAPW, and you can mix species
with pseudo potentials and species all electrons.
Obviously, the PP species must have a basis sets optimised for PP
calculations.
These most probably contain functions with relatively small exponents,
which means that most of them are going to contribute only to the soft
charge density.
The partitioning in soft and hard terms is carried out in exactly the same
manner as for a full all electron calculation.
Since it is still a GAPW calculation, all GAPW parameters are still needed.
Cheers
Marcella